Skip to content Site map
Text size:
Please review and correct the information below.

Getting in touch

East Riding Adult Social Care

Your needs have changed

It is important that you are happy with the support and care services that you receive and that they continue to meet your needs. If your circumstances have changed, you will require a review of your support and care arrangements. You can contact us to request a review.

Seeing information about you

The main reasons we need information about you are:

  • To give the right help, advice, support and care
  • To help staff to review your care
  • To make sure your care is of the highest standard

We also need information to manage and plan services, including:

  • Making sure that our services can meet user needs in the future
  • Improving our service
  • Providing information on our performance to the government
  • Investigating complaints

The types of information can include:

  • Basic details such as your name, address, and date of birth
  • Letters from you
  • Notes and records of any decisions made about the help and support you need
  • Relevant information from other professionals, such as your doctor

Can I see my files?

Yes. In most cases you have a right to see the information East Riding of Yorkshire Council holds about you.

If you need to see the information we hold on you please contact us.

Finding someone to speak on your behalf

Having someone to speak on your behalf is often known as advocacy.

Advocacy means having someone who will express your views and wishes, secure your rights and represent your interests. It safeguards people who are vulnerable by speaking up for them. It enables people with physical or learning disabilities, older people and those with mental health needs to make informed choices and decisions about their own health and social care.

To find someone who can speak on your behalf visit: Search and shop or Contact someone who can help

Comments, Compliments and Complaints

The council is aims to provide you with a quality service and to help us do this, we need you to tell us what you think about the support you receive.

We need to know:

  • What is good about them
  • What you think we could do to improve them
  • When you are not happy with your support
  • How you would like to live your life and use the support to do that

For more information, visit: Search and shop

Is someone treating you badly?

East Riding of Yorkshire Council is committed to protecting vulnerable people. If you are, or if you care for, a vulnerable adult, you need to consider how care should be provided in order to ensure the independence, safety and wellbeing of that person.

There is some advice on this on the adult safeguarding page.

If you need to speak to someone

Contact Adult Services.