Who is this course for?
Professionals working with people with learning disabilities and/or autism, managers, supporters, staff who work with the public.
By the end of the course delegates will:
• Fully understand what is meant by the term learning disability
• Have gained a broad understanding of the responsibilities under the Equalities Act 2010 and the Disability Equality Duty 2006
• Have improved communication skills
• Know more about making sure people are treated fairly and given fair chances
• Have gained ideas and strategies to help in their work and interaction with people with learning disabilities
• Have gained the skills and confidence to work more effectively with people who have learning disabilities
How is the session delivered?
Presentations, group work - use of DVDs, interactive workshops and hearing from our ‘expert’ trainers. All of our training sessions are impact assessed by Sheffield Hallam University to show participants gains in knowledge and areas for further development following our training. Number of delegates and length of session? Minimum 10 delegates, Maximum 35. The session can be tailored to meet the needs of the organisation. It can be delivered in 3 hour sessions or full day sessions.
£150 per 3 hour session per person, £350 per 3 hour session for between 3 and 12 people or £700 per full day intensive course for between 3 and 12 people.
If you are a registered user of this website you can ask us any question, including questions about meeting your specific needs, by clicking on the ‘Request More Information’ tab above.