Bus and Coach operators
The main bus and coach operators in the east riding of Yorkshire are:
- East Yorkshire Motor Services (opens in a new window): https://www.eastyorkshirebuses.co.uk/
- East Yorkshire coach company (opens in a new window): http://www.eastyorkshirecoaches.co.uk/
- National Express Link (opens in a new window): https://www.nationalexpress.com/en
- Stagecoach (opens in a new window): https://www.stagecoachbus.com/
National Bus pass
If you are of pensionable age or have a disability, you could be eligible for free bus travel. The national bus pass entitles you to use bus services free of charge.
Am I entitled to a national bus pass
The bus pass is available to residents of East Riding of Yorkshire who are:
- People of pensionable age. You can check your state pension age on the check your state pension page on the GOV.UK website (opens in a new window)
- Seriously injured service personnel and veterans who have been awarded a lump sum payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- A person having a learning disability
- Blind or partially-sighted
- Profoundly or severely deaf
- A person who is medically unfit to drive on grounds other than those of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol for a minimum of 12 months
- A person unable to communicate orally in any language
- A person who has a disability or has suffered an injury which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to walk.
Apply for a National Bus Pass
There is no charge for the pass.
Your pass will be posted to your home address. You will receive your travel pass within 10 working days from the day you submitted your application.
To apply visit the council website (opens in a new window): https://myaccount.eastriding.gov.uk/Pages/Form%20Pages/Concessionary%20trave