Skip to content Site Map
Text size:

Third party contributions to residential care

Page last updated: 20 September 2019

If you are assessed as needing care in a residential or nursing home, it’s important to choose the right one. After the assessment of your needs, a financial assessment will be carried out to work out how much you can afford to contribute towards the cost of your care. The local authority will then contribute the remainder up to the level of the ‘usual cost of care.’ This is a figure the local authority has agreed with care providers as a reasonable amount to pay for different kinds of residential and nursing care.

Previous Support with Legal Matters
Next Welfare and Benefits