Maintaining good Mental HealthPage last updated: 04 September 2019
As with physical health, it is important we understand how to keep good mental health.
Generally if we want to be physically healthier, we try and eat more healthy foods, exercise more and cut out the things we know are not good for us, such as chocolates or alcohol.
However, although all those things can have a positive impact on our mental wellbeing, they are other things we can do to help us maintain good mental health.
Maintaining a good standard of mental health will depend on a lot things such as -
- being aware of your feelings
- exercising regularly
- getting a good night’s sleep
- feeling safe and secure
- living conditions
- maintaining a healthy diet
- maintaining a work life balance
- money and debt
- reducing the intake of drug, alcohol and smoking